I have 2 distinct memories from when I was a little kid being at the ranch during a good old SD thunderstorm. Once when I was little we stayed at Grandma & Grandpa's trailer and in the middle of the night a storm came up. I woke up but no one else did. The wind blew (as usual) and it rained, hailed, all the typical thunderstorm stuff and since I was not used to living in a trailer and all that sound on the metal, I paced all night. Grandma never knew though, but boy was I tired the next day!
When I was a little older, I stayed with Howie's at the big old house. In the middle of the night a storm came and in the morning we looked out the little basement window and it was dark! All you could see was tree branches! The big old tree in the yard had broken off and fallen over covering the whole yard on that side of the house! We had a ball playing in amongst the branches pretending it was a cave, clubhouse, whatever we could imagine. good old fashion fun!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment