WE ARE FAMILY

WE ARE FAMILY
Through happy times and sad we are as one...A Family!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas Recipe

I started to write an email to share this EASY recipe I got from my friend, but thought since I did not have everyone's email addy that I would post it here. It is so quick to whip up, and easily adapted for people who have to watch their saturated fat...good thing nuts are allowed and encouraged, though. LOL


Easy Pumpkin Pie

1 large can pumpkin pie mix -30oz.
2/3 cup evaporated milk (or evaporated skim milk )
2 eggs, slightly beaten (or eggbeaters)
2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1 yellow cake mix
½ cup butter (or olive oil margarine)
1 cup of chopped nuts - pecans or walnuts

Using first four ingredients, prepare pumpkin as if making two pies. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix on top.
Melt butter (or margarine) and mix with nuts. Sprinkle this on top of the cake mix.
Bake at 350 for 55 to 65 minutes. (It takes 65 minutes in my oven) Insert knife in middle, when it comes out clean the pie is done.
Let pie cool before serving with whipped cream on top. (or fat free Cool Whip)

Enjoy, Connie

No comments: