Friday, November 28, 2008
Ireland Christmas
I remember all the Christmases together at Grandma & Grandpa's house. With all of us there I'm sure the house was busting at the seams. I know the roof must have been raising from all the noise. I remember opening gifts and sitting with our own families, then we went around and told what we got and from whom. I remember all the goodies everyone made. Grandma's Hard Tack Candy - yum!! There were always tables of Pitch being played and when you got old enough they grabbed us kids and we got to learn how. But most of all I remember getting tired and waiting for Mom & Dad to be ready to go and starting to doze off. You would hear all the talking and then it just became a hum as you got sleepy, but every so often someone would laugh and you'd wake up. It was a good childhood and so wonderful to be part of this big lovable family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Nicki, I have those same memories of when I was a kid and we would go to our grandparents. If you got really tired Mama would tell you to go lay on a bed some place. Of course all the beds were piled with coats but it was full to snuggle down in the pile and doze off to the sound of the "grown-ups" laughing and joking as they played cards.
I am so glad you girls put up this blog...such a great idea to have a place to share stories and memories and such. I hope it continues after the reunion too.
~Connie
Post a Comment